There are three possible reasons for this:
- Your device may be set/"shopping" at a different store.
- Your device may have a weak Wi-Fi or cellular data connection.
- This is a new item in the store’s inventory, or has not seen movement in a while.
- Check the store name listed at the top of the screen to make sure you are shopping at the correct store location.
- Make sure you are connected to your store’s free Wi-Fi.
- If the item still won’t scan correctly, set the item aside in your cart and let the service desk or cashier know of the item(s) that you had trouble adding to your cart.
Note: Common difficult-to-scan items include those that are rounded, shiny, or in the deli/refrigerated section. Wipe off any moisture or debris before scanning for best results, or manually enter in the 12-digit barcode by tapping the pencil icon at the top of the scanner page.